The Thomson Lady Dogs split two games at the Dog House last year. On Dec. 29, Thomson lost 62-45 to the AA Butler Lady Bulldogs. The next night, THS came away with a 55-37 win over the AA Jefferson County Lady Warriors. In the tangle of the two bulldog squads, Butler outscored THS 32-23 in the first period. Both teams fell on hard times in the second period as neither team scored a point. Over the final two periods, Butler had the edge 30-22. Kenya Robinson led Thomson hitting 13-of-16 from the field and scored 27 points. Yivon Moss was next with 10 points. The Lady Dogs had troubles from the foul line, hitting only 5 of 30 tries. In the win over the Warriors, the Dogs used a big first and fourth period to get their sixth win of the season to go with three losses. Robinson led the home team with 17 points, and Janiyah West hit 12 points. Jarrmiah Embry added 11 points. Robinson snagged 21 rebounds, and West pulled down 12 rebounds. From now on, region games are all that remain for the Lady Dogs. The Saturday night game with Cross Creek has been moved to Saturday Feb. 6, with the girl’s game beginning at 6. Thomson travels to Burke County, Tuesday, Jan. 12 with the girl’s game beginning at 6 p.m. followed by the boys.
- THS grad returns home to take her oath to become a lawyer
- Former THS standout finding success at Georgia State
- Iconic tire man retires
- Thomson man charged with murder
- Fort Valley State announces partnership with Propel Center
- Man wounded in Thomson drive-by shooting
- Thursday, Jan. 14
- City, county building permits show steady growth
- Richmond Co. crash kills two from Thomson
- Vaccination rollout begins in McDuffie County
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!