Two individual from Thomson were killed in a single car crash on Gordon Highway, in Richmond County, early Tuesday morning. Kayla Harris, 29, and Veuncle Ivey, 34, both of Thomson, were pronounced dead at the scene at 1:20 a.m. according to the Richmond County Coroner’s Office. According to the coroner’s office, the accident happened on Gordon Highway at Wylds Road. The two were traveling west on Gordon Highway in a 2009 Toyota Camry at a high rate of speed, according the coroner’s office statement. The driver lost control of the vehicle, which overturned several times. Both Harris and Ivey were ejected from the car. The accident is under investigation by the Richmond County Coroner’s office and the Georgia State Patrol. Information from the coroner did not indicate which one of the deceased had been driving at the time of the accident.
- 24 state voter fraud cases referred to attorney general for prosecution
- Bealls Outlet cuts ribbon at new store
- Leaders share virtual message in annual State of the Community
- Mr. Clean Car Wash Opens In Sharpsburg, GA
- Thomson-McDuffie Middle students receive REACH
- Thursday, Feb. 18
- Teacher creates one portrait a day for Black History Month
- Cottrell to invest $125 million in Hall County
- Seniors Brown and Derry named Mr. and Miss THS
- Thursday, Feb. 11
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!