Children had the opportunity to get formal Saturday night and attend a pre-Valentine’s Ball for kids.
The BRW Nutrition Center on Martin Luther King Street was transformed into a ballroom of red and white as children in gowns, suits, tuxedos, and other attire entered the doors for a night of beauty, fun and fellowship in a pre-Valentine’s Ball celebration.
The three hour event concluded with the crowning of a king and queen who were chosen, not by dress, but by the drawing of names that were dropped into the pot.
The crowned King was Timarious Drake and the chosen Queen was Sanaa Nuckles.
According to Felicia Brown Hart, the ball was held as a fundraiser for the Elisha Ministry of Springfield Missionary Baptist Church and as a opportunity for children to be showcased. “We wanted to give the children something to do and something to enjoy and give the parents the opportunity to dress their children up.”
- Two arrested for A Street shooting of car
- Harris to be Warren Co. superintendent
- Morgan Hyde's baseball journey
- Glascock County names STAR student
- Improvements discussed for Vonteego Park
- Locally Owned Dealership Toyota South Atlanta Named 2020 Clayton County Business of the Year
- 2 Georgia men found dead in burning truck identified, suspect arrested after chase
- McDuffie Museum reopens to the public
- Johnson picked Warren County STAR Student
- New charter schools will increase education options for Georgia students
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!