Nineteen Black families came together to purchase more than 90 acres of land in Wilkinson County, Georgia, after the recent deaths of Black Americans, including George Floyd in Minneapolis and Ahmaud Arbery in southeast Georgia, moved them to create a fully "pro-Black" community, according to a member of the Freedom Georgia Initiative.
- Thomson nearing ordinance to curtail ATVs
- Briarwood 50th: School thrives with a family atmosphere
- Georgia federal prison stays open, temporarily halting massive job loss
- City of Thomson hires new city administrator
- Man shot at Warrenton store Monday
- Shots fired into Tanyard Creek home
- Man jailed on drug, firearm charges after chasing woman
- TPD cadet resigns after social media comments
- Husband charged with involuntary manslaughter
- Georgia AFL-CIO endorses Rev. Raphael Warnock for Senate
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!