• Briarwood Academy graduates 25 in Class of 2013
Twenty-five Briarwood Academy seniors received diplomas in a Friday evening commencement service.
• Thomson Class of 2013 graduates at Brickyard
Hundreds gathered to see the Thomson High School Class of 2013 graduate Friday night at the Brickyard.
• Fire crews allow shed to burn out
A possible lightning strike may be the cause of a Sunday morning fire on Wrightsboro Road.
• Electrical short probable cause of Wednesday morning fire
An emergency call about smoke inside an Augusta Highway home was upgraded to a structure fire on Wednesday as 12 firefighters and three engines responded.
• City to close all offices on Memorial Day
City of Thomson offices will be closed Mon., May 27 in observance of Memorial Day.
• Marshals search for fugitive in Thomson
The McDuffie County Sheriff’s Office and the Thomson Police Department assisted the United States Marshals Service in the attempt to capture a fugitive on Monday.
• Man threatens to kill his wife
A Gibson man was arrested Monday after he allegedly threatened to kill his wife during a public domestic dispute.
• City employees mourn the death of one of their own
City workers across Thomson are in mourning after learning of the early Saturday morning death of one of their own.
• White Oak Street man charged with sexual battery
An argument that allegedly became physical on Sunday night resulted in a Thomson man being charged with battery and alleged sexual battery.
• Two arrested for Dudley Nursery April burglary
The McDuffie County Sheriff’s office investigation into the break-in of the office of a local nursery in April led to the arrest of two men on Saturday.
Copyright © 2006 - present mcduffieprogress.com