• Community Thanksgiving Worship Service brings people together
The members of churches in and around Thomson came together Sunday night to offer thanks to God.
• Annual yard sale helps club help the community
The Camellia City Lions Club is busy helping others.
• Thanksgiving feasting at FUMC
The preschool class at First United Methodist Church in Thomson celebrated their 30th year of Thanksgiving dinner with a feast that included turkey, green beans, macaroni and cheese, rolls and turkey-themed cupcakes.
• MAC students learn about The Power of the Knot
Bob Mackey, founder of the non-profit organization M-Powering Choices, spoke with students at McDuffie Achievement Center in Thomson recently about The Power of The Knot.
• Two Briarwood students named to Watson-Brown Junior Board
Two Briarwood Academy are among 13 high school and home schooled students from the CSRA named to the 2013-14 Junior Board of the Watson-Brown Foundation.
• Garrett Edmunds named Kiwanian of the Year
The man who took over leading a club a year before his time was named the Kiwanian of the Year.
• Purvis sets the standard high in her classroom
Tabitha Purvis, a teacher at Thomson Elementary School, went above and beyond the call of duty recently and earned funding for a classroom project called "Science Should Be Messy! Hands-On, High Interest Disney," for her third grade class.
• Operation Christmas Child returns to First Baptist Church
Thomson residents are joining millions of people across the U.S. and around the world to fill empty shoeboxes with toys, school supplies and hygiene items for 9.8 million impoverished children.
• Families celebrate together at HP Pelzer
The field in front of HP Pelzer was full of laughter, fun and games Saturday as employees and their loved ones came together for Family Day.
• Wild West featured in Warrenton festival
The Wild West was well-received Saturday at the 20th Annual Sportsman’s Festival in Warrenton.