Fire at Thomson hotel damages first floor room
By Caitlin Boland

Thomson and McDuffie County firefighters responded to a fire at the Comfort Inn on Washington Road in Thomson early Sunday morning.
Thomson Fire Rescue and McDuffie County Fire and EMS responded to a report of a structure fire at the Comfort Inn on Sunday morning.
At approximately 4:10 a.m. on Nov. 26, units from both the city and county were called to the hotel. While enroute, a law enforcement officer on scene told dispatch that smoke was showing from a window on the rear corner of the building.
According to the report from McDuffie County Fire and EMS, the initial units on the scene checked the room of origin, 102, for fire extension and ensured all hotel guests were evacuated safely. The sprinkler system in room 102 extinguished the fire that originated in the heat/AC unit under the window.
FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS, see the full story in the Nov. 30, 2017, issue of The McDuffie Progress. To have The McDuffie Progress delivered to your home or business each week, simply call 706-595-1601 to subscribe. Or, follow the link on our home page to subscribe.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress