Ceiling fan sparks attic fire
By Linda Green

A man and woman were at home on Ridge Avenue mid-morning Wednesday when the man noticed sparks from the ceiling fan.
William Dorn and Barbara Reid were at their home at 925 Ridge Lane when Dorn saw the sparks.
I turned off the light and the breaker box, and called 911, Dorn said.
The call was dispatched as a fire in the attic and units from Thomson Fire Rescue and McDuffie County Fire Rescue as well as EMS responded.
According to Dustin Thurmond of the county fire department, the wires inside the junction box malfunctioned. The problem was electrical, he said.
The fire was out when the 12 firefighters arrived. The power to the house was disconnected to stop the potential spread if another hot spot was present.

To read more on this story, pick up the Thursday, April 24, edition of The McDuffie Progress.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress