• Adams Avenue fire: Fire ignites in four-unit apartment building
By Jim Wallace, Correspondent

Firefighters prepare to check the roof of the residences while fighting the fire very early on New Year’s Day. Photo by Jim Wallace, Correspondent.

A fire damaged an apartment on Adams Avenue New Year’s Day.
Thomson Fire Rescue firefighters responded to 608-C Adams Ave. at 6:44 p.m. Smoke and fire were seen coming from the front bedroom of the structure that housed four apartments, owned by John McNeill, said Rick Sewell, chief of Thomson Fire Rescue.
Jerry Ivey, the tenant, said he was walking down the street when he noticed the fire at his apartment.
Firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 15 minutes.

To read more on this story, see the Sun., Jan. 5, edition of The McDuffie Progress.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress