• Fire damages Thomson home: Light fixture falls, then occupant spots flames overhead
By Jim Wallace, Correspondent

Fire personnel move a line as fire billows from the double-wide mobile home. Photo by Jim Wallace, Correspondent.

A home was extensively damaged by fire Thursday night on Springdale Drive.
Just before 11 p.m., McDuffie County Fire Rescue units were called to 2941 Mesena Road.
As they were making their way to the fire, 911 alerted them that the property was actually on Springdale Drive.
Stephen Sewell, assistant chief for the county, said that upon initial arrival, heavy smoke was coming from the attic space of the double-wide mobile home.
“Very shortly, fire broke through the roof in one section and we were able to get the blaze under control in about an hour,” he said. “The fire in the roof line made it imperative that care be given to make sure it did not erupt again.”
Sewell said the tenant and owner, Wayne Osborne Jr. was at home at the time of the fire.

To read more on this story, see the Wed., Dec. 18, edition of The McDuffie Progress.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress