• Lighter fluid fire burns man
By Linda Green

A man who received second and third degree burns to 50 percent of his body on Wednesday afternoon experienced the danger of using accelerants to burn yard waste.
Paramedics from the McDuffie County Fire Rescue responded to 474 Brentwood Drive at 1:22 p.m. to assist Tony Gaglinani, 41, whose legs had been torched.
“He was severely burned on both legs,” said Lt. Ed Lewis. “I applied dressings to cool him down until an ambulance arrived.”
According to McDuffie County Fire Rescue, Gaglinani was burned after pouring lighter fluid onto burning yard waste. The fluid caused a flashback resulting in the burning of 50 percent of his lower extremities, Lewis added.

To read more on this story, see the Sun., July 28, edition of The McDuffie Progress.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress