• Augusta Tech students learn fire safety
By Megan May, Intern

Khadeja Fanning volunteers to help in a demonstration. Photo by Megan May.

A class of budding nutritionists learned the importance of safety in the kitchen and other areas of the house on Thursday.
McDuffie County fire service Lieutenant James “Ed” Lewis and assistant Marc Matthews demonstrated the importance of fire safety to nearly 10 students at the Augusta Technical College campus.
Lewis spoke about the significance of having a fire extinguisher and a working smoke detector in every room. He and Matthews demonstrated the proper use of electrical cords. Lewis showed the students examples of damaged smoke detectors and electrical cords.

To read more on this story, see the Wed., June 19, edition of The McDuffie Progress.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress