Electrical short probable cause of Wednesday morning fire
By Linda Green

A Wednesday morning fire at 4046 Augusta Highway left smoke damage showing from all sides of the home and fire damage on the rear side. Photo Courtesy of Stephen Sewell.

An emergency call about smoke inside an Augusta Highway home was upgraded to a structure fire on Wednesday as 12 firefighters and three engines responded.
When the crews from McDuffie County Fire Rescue arrived at 4046 Augusta Road, heavy smoke was pouring from the single-story residence.
As a portion of the crew attacked the fire after entering the brick home through the front door, other personnel canvassed the interior for victims and occupants. None were found, said Assistant Fire Chief Stephen Sewell.
The amount and intensity of the smoke increased concerns about a hidden fire and crews cut a ventilation hole in the roof of the brick structure that was a former mobile home. Georgia Power disconnected power and a liquid propane tank at the rear of the house was turned off.

To read more on this story, see the Wed., May 22, edition of The McDuffie Progress.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress