Wood burning stove ignites wall
By Linda Green

Firefighter Jimmy Williams Jr., examines the wall for hot spots at 2755 Old Augusta Road in Dearing, while MCFR Chief Bruce Tanner looks on. Photo by Linda Green.

A Dearing woman looked up and noticed that a wall in her home was turning red and was hot to the touch on Tuesday afternoon.
A 911 call initially dispatched three engines from McDuffie County Fire Rescue to 2755 Old Augusta Road to respond to a burning house owned by David and Rochelle Hobbs.
According to Lt. Ed Lewis, the fire was the result of a small fire moving from the woodburning stove into the wall.

To read more on this story, see the Sun., March 31, edition of The McDuffie Progress.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress