• Quick thinking contained fire
By Jim Wallace, Correspondent

Firefighters enter the Mobley Street home Thursday after a fire began in a bedroom. Photo by Jim Wallace, Correspondent.

A Thursday fire destroyed part of a Mobley Street home but the quick actions of a resident inside helped spare greater destruction.
At 9:34 p.m., Thomson Fire-Rescue Service responded to 816 Mobley St., and firefighters found light smoke coming from the single-story home.
“One of the occupants said the fire was in the right rear bedroom,” said Thomson Fire Chief Rick Sewell. “It so happened that the occupant had closed the door, which kept heavy fire damage to that room.”
Sewell said that an investigation showed that the fire may have started from electrical problems with a space heater.
Sewell said the resident was smart to close the door to a bedroom that was on fire.

To read more on this story, see the Wed., March 27, edition of The McDuffie Progress.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress