An unattended candle causes Sunday fire
By Linda Green

An unattended candle that ignited the shelf above it and proceeded to engulf a room of a Thomson residence rolled county fire firefighters early Sunday morning.
Three engines and 10 personnel of McDuffie Fire Rescue Service were sent to 1622 Autumn Ridge Road at 5:47 a.m. after a smoke alarm woke the family who called 911.
When fire fighters arrived at the home of Annie Bailey, smoke was visible and fire was found in the bedroom/gameroom in the rear of the home.
According to Assistant Fire Chief Steven Sewell, the smoke alarm woke the family and after they found the fire, they closed the door to the burning room, exited the home and called 911.

To read more on this story, see the Wed., March 6, edition of The McDuffie Progress.





McDuffie Progress




McDuffie Progress

McDuffie Progress





McDuffie Progress